Open an Account
Open your OU Credit Union account today and begin enjoying the credit union difference! As a member, you are part owner of the credit union, and you receive all the benefits that credit union membership has to offer. You'll notice the difference between being a credit union member/owner and a bank customer immediately:
- Superior member service
- Great low loan rates
- Fewer and lower fees
- Competitive dividend rates
- Knowledgeable and helpful employees
We offer the convenience of a national bank while still providing personalized, friendly service.
Use our online application and become a member from the comfort of home!
Apply By Mail
Print and complete our membership application. Be sure to include all necessary supporting materials and mail your application to:
Oakland University Credit Union
PO Box 1208
East Lansing, MI 48826-1208
Apply By Phone
Become a member over the phone! Call 248-364-4708 or 800-766-6828.
Apply In Person
Visit any of our branches with your driver's license and proof of eligibility. Our member service representatives will make opening your account an easy and pleasant experience.
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your entry Visa (DS-2019, I-20, etc.)
- Copy of your offer to study/work at Oakland University (appointment papers)
- Completed W-8 BEN tax form, available online or at any of our branch locations
Visa Debit Card
A Visa Debit Card goes hand-in-hand with your checking account. Although the Visa Debit Card looks like a credit card, it deducts your purchase directly from your checking account–just like a check. No credit is involved.
You must provide proof that you will be in the U.S. for 6 months or more to qualify for a Visa Debit Card.
Visa Credit Card
A Visa Credit Card gives you financial freedom and helps you establish positive credit history. The credit limit available to international members ranges from $500–$5,000.
In order to apply for an OU Credit Union Visa Credit Card, you must open an account at OU Credit Union and provide:
- A pledge equal to your Visa credit limit to be placed in a savings account or Certificate prior to receiving your Visa Credit Card.*
There is a low $5 fee to receive a wire to your OU Credit Union account. Oakland University Credit Union is a licensed trade name for Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU). All legal documents and Federal Reserve transactions will be between you and MSUFCU. You will need to provide the following information to the financial institution sending the funds:
- Institution Address:
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
3777 West Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
- Routing Number: 272479663
- OUCU SWIFT Code: MSUCUS44
- Your base account number and your two digit ID: For example, if your account number is 123456-03, 123456 is your base account number and 03 is your two-digit ID designating your savings or checking account.
*Pledge is returned 60 days after the cancelation of the Visa with a $0 balance.