Fifth Graders Are Invited to Participate In The Arbor Day Poster Contest
In partnership with the Michigan Arbor Day Alliance (MADA), we are proud to promote the 2018 Fifth Grade Arbor Day Poster Contest. The Arbor Day Celebration engages Michigan youth through community development, service-learning, and taking care of our natural resources.
This year’s Arbor Day Poster Contest encourages fifth-grade students to use their imaginations to design a poster showcasing the theme: Trees for Life.
Here’s how your child can participate:
- Entry must be original artwork. Computer generation or collages will not be accepted. They may be done in crayon, marker, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, tempura paint, or any combination of these.
- Entry must be from 8.5" x 11" to 14" x 18" in size.
- Please send ONLY ONE poster from each participating class and tape/paper clip the entry form to the back of the poster. Choose whatever method you like for determining the top entry (classroom/school contest, science or art fair display, penny war, etc.).
If you are participating as an individual or through a library, Rule #3 does not apply.
- The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way. The theme "Trees for Life" must be on the poster, spelled correctly.
- Entry must be signed on the back of the poster with the student's first and last name.
- Parents/Guardians/Teachers of homeschooled students: please register by providing your fifth-grade student's name, your name, address, contact phone number, and email address on the entry form.
- Please fill out the entry form completely and legibly. If we are unable to contact you, you prize will be forfeited.
- Entries must be mailed flat. Do not fold, roll, matte, mount, laminate, or frame your poster.
- All entries must be received by March 5, 2018, and mailed to:
ECD-Michigan Arbor Day Alliance
Attn: Go Green Youth Challenge
551 Courthouse Drive, Ste. 3
Charlotte, MI 48813
- 10. Posters WILL NOT be automatically returned. If you would like your poster back, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope large enough to hold your poster along with your entry and we will mail it back to you. Posters will NOT be returned after May 1, 2018.
The contest is open to all Michigan fifth-grade students and runs until March 5, 2018. Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place. The first-place winner and his or her teacher will be invited to attend the State Arbor Day Celebration in Lansing on Friday, April 27, 2018.
For full contest details and rules, visit the website here.
The Credit Union is proud to support the Michigan Arbor Day Alliance. As part of our partnership with MADA, the Credit Union also helps coordinate the annual Arbor Day Celebration at Potter Park Zoo and an annual tree-planting event each spring. Last year, Credit Union employee volunteers planted 10 trees at the East Lansing Family Aquatic Center and Softball Complex.